There’s a chance you’re lookin’ at this thinkin’ … Why? Why are you uploading a selfie to your blog, Heather?!
Well, I’ll tell you.
Few things about this picture…
1. I just took it. At (looks at clock) 2am. So ignore the glassy eyed look. It’s late. I’m tired. I haven’t been tossing em back tonight. I’d tell you if I had been! 😘
2. It’s black and white. I’m in my living room, and the only light on in here is a dim little lamp. It cast an ugly shade of yellow over this whole picture, and we couldn’t have that now could we?! (We couldn’t! It was hideous!)
3. I have a pimple! (Okay, two! 👀) Ignore it. My skin led a revolt against me this week and fired some very ungentlemenly shots my way. We’re still at war, but I’m winning! (Please note… The opposition was out of bounds and will be tried for war crimes immediately upon my win.)
4. There’s some awkward arm placement going on here… cause, well, I’m in my jammies, and I’m not wearing a bra. Need I explain further? (I think not. I’m sure you get the gist! 😂)
5. And the reason I took this picture despite one through four being darn good reasons I shouldn’t have… I cut my hair tonight.
Why does that matter? It doesn’t really.
It was long last year. And for many years before that. But after losing 40 lbs and realizing I hid behind my hair like some sort of security blanket… I chopped off like eight inches back in November. (Yes, I did that.)
A few months ago I saw a picture from last Easter and was like, I miss my long hair! I’mma let it grow back out. So I have been. And I really do miss it. But I wear my hair up more than I wear it down. And since it has grown back out about five inches, I realize how much it hurts to wear it up when it’s longer! Geez, it’s annoying. And painful!
So the great debate ensued. To cut or not to cut? (I cut my own hair, btw. YouTube tutorials made that possible, and then practice for the last four years has made it darn near perfect. — Most of the time. 😂)
Anyway… it came down to vanity or comfort. Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate my shorter or more medium-length hair. I like it. I just happen to love it when it’s longer… if it’s down, that is. If it’s up, I do not. It hurts. See the problem? I can’t have it both ways. Unfortunately.
And In the end…. I went with comfort. Chopped off roughly two and a half inches, got back into comfy ponytail and messy bun territory… and I’m quite happy.
I took the picture because I was happy. That’s it. That’s why.
Thought I’d tell you the story that went with the photo.
Riveting, isn’t it? 😂 (We all better hope I write more interesting novels than this drivel. 😘)